Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Top Music of 2010


Goodbye 2010, you were an amazing and enlightening year. Next year I will be out of my school shell and launched into the real world. I wonder how my perceptions of music will change once I'm not in school.

I've included the link to the MP3 with all of these songs. That means you can right-click the blue links and hit "Save As..." and download the mp3 directly from here. In some instances, I couldn't find the MP3 online, so I had to upload it to Mediafire. In those cases, you'll have to click the mediafire.com link and download it from their site. It's really only one extra step. I hope you enjoy these songs though. They've made my year, literally.

I've also included two links to Mediafire, in which I've zipped up all the MP3 files into two convenient rar files. Downloading these will save you a lot of time, rather than downloading them all individually.

If you don't know how to extract rar files, head over to this link http://www.rarlab.com/rar/winrar-x64-393.exe and install this if you're running Windows 7. Anything before Windows 7, you'll want to download this one http://www.rarlab.com/rar/wrar393.exe

Happy listening and I hope everybody is having an amazing break!

-miharu

Download all of Miharu's Favorites of the year in two swoops!
Part 1 - http://www.mediafire.com/ <--click link to download
Part 2 - http://www.mediafire.com/ <--click link to download


In no particular order, my top albums (with my favorite song off the CD)

This song/CD is so beautiful. Check out 10 Mile Stereo too. Great for sexy time ;)

One of the most passionately sung songs of 2010. Dan Snaith is our generations psychelectric genius.

Owen Pallet can do no wrong. His albums have gotten progressively better and seeing him live finally this year was a dream come true. Seriously, I've missed him like 3 times throughout my collegiate experience.

Avey Tare - Down There - (Laughing Hieroglyphic) http://www.mediafire.com/ <--click to d.l.
This is the other most passionately sung song of 2010. Get lost in the mixture. Anybody that knows me well knows I'm such an Animal Collective fanboy.

If you haven't heard this song yet, listen! One of the most original sounds all year. It's like funk-psyche-downtempodelic.

I have wonderful emotional connections to this song. A perfectly psychedelic love song.

Asura - Asura - (Asura II) - http://www.mediafire.com/ <--Click to download
This CD was probably my favorite headphones album of 2010. It's a weird one, so abstract but so good.

So so excited to see him live this Feb. He's an amazing beat-maker. Think happier Flying Lotus with vocals.

Saw him live in New York this summer. I wish I could share his live version of the song. He makes dance music for lonely angels.

This is the one show I missed this year and will probably regret for the rest of my life. He basically captures summer in his music. Imagine yourself running on a beach at sunset with all your best friends.

I think you can hear Jon Brion's production most in this song. Kevin asks, "How can we ever evolve when our gods are so primitive?" I wonder that myself.

Teebs - Ardour - http://www.mediafire.com/ <--two songs here, get both!
Super chill music and beats. A mix between Flying Lotus and Baths + a chill pill.

I love this song because 2:45 and on. I obsessed over this song for a few months straight. One of my absolute favorites songs of the year.

Here We Go Magic suprised me this year with one of the best love making albums of the year. This CD and Beach House's Teen Dream. Ready for sexy time?

Saw these guys three times this year which is actually ridiculous when I think about it. So worth it though. They're amazing all around and this song captures the feeling of youthful happiness so well.

This CD was so fun. They make amazing use of chipmunk voices! Please don't let that discourage you though. This song will make you wanna jig. Let's do that barrel roll! Now do the Monkey foot!

ceo - White Magic - (No Mercy) - http://www.mediafire.com/ <--click to download
Listen for the sword noise. Basically he samples the best sounds ever.

Toro is pretty much the king of chillwave at the moment.

Obviously I love this song because it's about South Carolina! Yaaaay I love S.C. and Girls. It can't be a coincidence...

Class Actress - Journal of Ardency - (Someone Real)
Electronic dance goodness. Epic at the end too.

Flying Lotus - Cosmogramma - (Recoiled)
This song has some dirty, dirty beats in it. Makes me wanna get down. And kick some ass in MvC2 =P


Favorite Songs of the Year not on the CDs above:

Julian Lynch - In New Jersey
Another insanely sexy and sensual song. Seriously, this song makes me melt.

Animal Collective - Mr. Fingers - http://www.mediafire.com/ <--click to download.
Oddsaaaaaaaaaac! This is Animal Collective going back to their darker side. I love the beats in this song. Wait till around 3:44, gets real crazy.

Salem - Tair - http://www.mediafire.com/ <-- click link to download
This song is so dark. Love it. The bass makes my head explode. It's about somebody creepy waiting and watching and possibly breaking in to somebody's house? Like I said, sooo dark.

This song is so bright and cheerful! Seriously can't wait till Jens releases a new album. If this song is any indication of how good it will be, we'll have a fantastic album on our hands in the new year.

Sleep People Party - 10 Feet Up - http://www.mediafire.com/ <--click to download
This band is basically unknown of. I'm here to let you know, they're fantastic. An amazing bedroom project. Good luck understanding the vocals!

Destroyer - Bay of Pigs - http://www.mediafire.com <--click link to download
THIS SONG IS EPIC. It actually came out last year, but was rereleased on Destroyer's latest album, so I'm including it. It's 11 minutes long and beautiful the whole way through.

Fidel Catastrophe - Grandfather Clocks - http://www.mediafire.com <--click link to download
My friend Karl makes amazing music. He's so underrated right now! Listen to his music, you'll love it. http://fidelcatastrophe.bandcamp.com/album/and-the-bleak-shall-inherit-the-earth
(listen to The Breeze Knees)

El Guincho - Bombay
The video for this song is one of my favorites of the year. El Guincho seriously knows how to make a catchy song. I'm glad he's not being compared to Panda Bear anymore.

Candy Claws - The Breathing Fire
This song makes me think of white bunnies at the North Pole working a toy production line.

Sufjan Stevens - I Walked/I Want To Be Well
Both of these songs are amazing. Highly recommended. I was getting tired of the same old stuff from him. Loved the departure from his old sound and his incorporation of electronics!

Blackbird Blackbird - Heartbeats
This song was a key element to my summer.

Sunglasses - Whiplash
As was this song. Thanks to Erika for the introduction to them. I recently got to shoot some pics of them. They're great to see live, and they're from Savannah, GA. I talked to them after the show and he's been to my hometown Brunswick, GA. This song is too catchy for it's own good.

Atlas Sound - Afternoon Drive - http://www.mediafire.com/ -two version of the song!
I was in love with this song as soon as I heard it when he played it live. I'm sure it'll make it onto his next studio album.

Regine has an amazing voice. I used to always think of Bjork when I heard her, but I don't get that vibe at all anymore. I'm sure I don't have to say much about the Arcade Fire. But the keyboard is so good in this song.

Wavves - Mickey Mouse
I'm generally not a big fan of Wavves but this is my one exception.

Panda Bear - Slow Motion
Recently featured on CSI Miami :( Haha I still love it though! Just can't wait till he drops Surfer's Hymn on us.

Another song about South Carolina. Sounds like it's from the 50's or something. I listened to this song sooooo many times this year. I guess I could say that about all these songs though. THis song is cute though.

Sunsquints - Basque
This is chillwave at its best! There's something very DIY about it and I looooooove it. "I'm the blue whale, that means I control the killer whales, and I can have the minnows if I want."

.

1 comment:

Frangipan said...

I love the picture, thank you for the track suggestions.